Do your values align with those of the Algoma Highlands Conservancy? Consider a job with us!
Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Student
Deadline: May 17, 2021
Start Date: May 25, 2021
Duration: 9 weeks, 30 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $14.25/hour
Location: Sault Ste Maire, Ontario
Primarily working remotely
The Algoma Highlands Conservancy is dedicated to protecting the natural beauty and ecological wonders of the Algoma highlands, including King Mountain, Robertson Cliffs, and surrounding area. As a non-profit organization, the AHC is guided by four main values of conservation, silent-sport recreation, environmental research, and environmental education. The AHC counts on fostering appreciation, promoting knowledge and understanding, and increasing public awareness of our environment to help achieve their mission of conserving the Algoma Highlands for generations to come.
The Administrative Assistant will play a vital role in a research study by curating a library of wildlife photos from the numerous trail cameras deployed throughout the Algoma Highlands Conservancy (AHC) and nearby properties. Additionally, the student will assist in creating social media content that align with the four core values of conservation, silent sport recreation, environmental research and environmental education, as well as, advertise for events and promote community partners.
Please submit your resume and covering letter before Monday May 17th to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants up to 30 years of age are eligible and do not need to be currently enrolled in a degree or diploma program.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a keen interest in wildlife and conservation
- Is highly motivated, reliable, detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Has computer skills that are commensurate with duties
- Is able to work independently from home using personal computer and internet
- Build a library and catalogue of digital images from trail cameras for wildlife study
- Occasionally assist with servicing trail cameras in remote locations
- Develop a social media calendar and publish social media content
- Use social media marketing tools such as Buffer and Canva
- Create tracking system for KPIs for social media campaigns
- Update website as needed
- Support Administrator with events as needed
- Excellent basic computer skills, as well as knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office software
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Ability to learn user-friendly computer programs
- Knowledge and experience with website platforms, Canva and Buffer is an asset
- Ability to hike through tough terrain under adverse conditions
- Live in Sault Ste Marie and Area